Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Terra Firma

When you look up at the firmament, what do you see?

Well, anyways. The horizon, perhaps, is more in sync with time. 'Save the Rain forests', they said. Did they tell us how?

Listening to the beats of the Merengue makes me think of fun. We also have the means and the wherewithal to really think and work out some tasks at hand. Needless to say, we are all strapped for time. The hourglass works best with soft sand. Am I right?

In trying to push the conservation ideal forward, I am often taken aback by the sheer volumes that we dedicate to various conservation matters. I love the lush greens and sparkling rivers. There is, obviously, much more to the Environment and Conservation than just what the naked eye can see, at any given point in time. The degenerative and degrading influences are also, sometimes, nature taking its course. Well, that's how it seems to me.

The point I am trying to make is that we might be able to serve the goals better if we understood and appreciated 'co-dependence' and 're-investment' better. Or at least, better than I am aware of. It takes millions of years for a glacier to form. Perhaps, the fact that upstream is most likely to affect downstream in converse ways should also be factored in.

Oh Dear! What could the matter be?

No comments: