Saturday, August 30, 2008

"She was alone and still..."


"She was alone and still, gazing out to sea..."

A definitive statement on the presence of a person and the relativity of solitude.

The subject is topical and treated with some degree of solemnity. Why would it be otherwise? Yes! There is life on earth. Simple!

As an often mistaken creation of natural forces, I ask for your time. I once asked this chap the time and he looked like I needed to see the Big Ben. We also have a dear, dear version of that here in our city. And yes, I did finally make it to the Big Ben. Those double deckers got me too! All the treasures of the land and I just ran around in circles. Sweet!

"Dust as we are, the immortal spirit grows
Like harmony in music; there is a dark
Inscrutable workmanship that reconciles
Discordant elements, makes them cling together..."

Unambiguously undeterred!

(That used to be me too but then I got a a few signs!)

Those 'casual flocks' of spring and summer went by. Winter brought the warm glows of sunshine on the roofs. (Fall just wrote to me saying that I'd be ok. ;-))

Does anybody ever wonder at the marvels of human imagination anymore?


No comments: