Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ink.


This is a variation of a shape I was working on a while back. I often rework some of my previous work. A form of relaxation but I also like the idea of something new or interesting coming forth. I am essentially what you might call an accidental digital artist. (Wow!) I have worked digitally for quite a while now. (They used to call me the website girl sometime back!)

While these shapes may seem novel to you, they often take shape with a few more strokes or words that explain or enhance. I like shapes but I love the fusion of colour, paint, digital attributes, shapes, and interesting 'footnotes'. I'd like to ask for comments and suggestions but then I might just cry so we'll leave it at that. ;-)

The paints and colours for these abstracts are derived from a very singular piece of work. See, when you go digital, you can really innovate. The canvas, on the other hand, is generously provided by Photoshop. The inspirations come from people - those are around too. As much as they would like you to believe otherwise, yes! we are still around. People, I mean.

No comments: