Friday, May 23, 2008

Where I want to be in the next five years.

There used to be a time when we all were meant to have ambition and goals and plans. We got to virtual conferencing but the connections can be bad. So what are we left with? Downtime, slow time, speed, sound quality, real people!

I believed in fairy tales until I read Little Women and then, I got it. We are meant to have goals and ambitions and plans. Really.

It used to be of infinite delight to me that I could cook. (I still can.) But now I find solace in salmon spread. It costs a lot of money so we enjoy every byte. Life can dish out some good stuff. I meandered through life with great ease and then, great dissatisfaction. Now I like tea.

I find study and reading very rewarding but writing also provides the kind of 'intellectual stimulation' that most of us often suffer from a lack of. What can I say? It's down time.

So having meandered, I reached a point in my life that just took my breath away. I am still alive! We all are, for the most part. But this revelation came at a point when I did not want another bad hair day. I took up art. I found it incredibly exciting and fun. My Mum almost threw the pencils away. Parents!

I took out some old cassettes which really are not that old and I sang! The cat almost brought the entire neighbourhood in and you know the rest. So relaxing can't be all bad but now I find rejuvenation equally promising. There's so much going on in our lives that we need to streamline a little. That's a term from the 90's.

I have friends and family. They either forgot or chose to. Now I am reaching out and that's mighty fine too. Only thing they hardly call and I have not been to a 'gala' in a long, long time. I'm not complaining. They don't even use that word anymore.

But, for the record, I am finding new avenues for work, play and everything in between. (Just in case you were wondering.)

No comments: